Happy Snow Day!
Trouble in the dorms.
Really cool picture of Ellis Library.
LINK: Haith Dodges Sanctions
Nick Ehrhard/The Maneater
Following an embarrassing weekend loss to Ole Miss, the Mizzou basketball team (12-3, 1-1 in SEC) will try to bounce back against when they take on the Georgia Bulldogs (6-9, 0-2 in SEC) this evening at 7pm at Mizzou Arena. MU will look to continue its winning streak at home, having yet to lose a game this season, but they will once again be with the services of Lawrence Bowers (MCL sprain).
Leave it to kU to have embarrassing t-shirts. In my opinion, you don’t have “swag” if you wear a something that says said word.
A few weeks ago, I compiled a list with some of the Best of the Best places to eat, drink, watch game etc. Well this time I have decided to make a list of what I think are some of the most overrated places/things to eat, drink, shop, or do in CoMO.
Click here for Part I
Most Overrated Restaurant:
Shakespeare’s Pizza -
Okay, okay…now before you chop my head off, let me just state that the pizza is good, but the price of the product is terrible. Shakespeare’s is a must if you’re visiting Columbia, but this place is by no means a regular spot for college kids. Aside from the price, another con is that it is packed on gameday and weekends, so the chances of getting a table within 30 minutes is doubtful.
Most Overrated Bar/Club:
Deja Vu -
“The Vu” is a comedy icon in Columbia, but as far the dance club goes…stay home.
“Worst night club I have even been to. Trashy girls, bounces are rude and management is worse. There drink are water down by all the ice. Horrible club!” - Yelp User
Most Overrated Thing to Do:
The 7 Traditions -
Sure they might be fun to do, but a lot of these are illegal.
Spencer Pearson/The Maneater
Most Overrated (worse) place to Buy anything Mizzou:
The MU Bookstore -
Unless you plan on student charging it, you might as well just head downtown to a local shop and buy Mizzou books, clothing, accessories, or gadgets for way cheaper. The bookstore scams hard, but who can blame them.
Most Overrated Dining Hall -
Having lived on campus for two years, I’d have to say that Rollins was my least favorite dining hall. It smells, its busy, and the food is bland. During your tour you might have heard your guide say, “Rollins is the best place to get pizza”. Are you kidding me? The pizza holds together like a piece of toilet paper and is greasy enough to give you acne. Another thing, stay away from Rollins Late Night unless you want feel your blood move.
Are you just ready to get back to Mizzou like I am?
With just one week until we’re back into the swing of things at MU, I have found a few things to do that you might want to try if you are bored out of your mind.
1) Buy new school supplies: Freshen up pens, paper, or what have you!
2) Do some hand exercises: Whether you write or type your notes it doesn’t hurt to wiggle the fingers and practice your handwriting. God knows I can’t even spell my name anymore after such a long break.
3) Rebrand yourself: Was your first semester not so hot? Well the good news is, is that 99.5% (not accurate) of the University still has not idea who the heck you are! Get some new clothes, cut your hair, ink your arms, or pick up a book and improve your knowledge on the Solar System. Whatever you choose to do, continue to be you and don’t feel like you need to impress others; Fashion only goes so far. This is what makes college so much more different than high school.
4) Workout: Take your Cheeto fingers and run them under some water, put on some gym clothes (sorry no pajamas), and get your butt to the gym. It doesn’t hurt to run every now and then.
5) Get a hobby: Paint a picture, build a model, learn to skateboard, pick up photography.
Gear up for the new semester!
It’s great to see how many people check up on my blog!
I’m excited that you love Mizzou as much as me.
Have a wonderful New Years!